Sunday, February 27, 2011

Dear Miscellaneous,


To my last level of German, C1: Thank you for everything. I will love you forevermore, especially because I unexpectedly topped the class with a 'sehr gut'. You gave me knowledge and wisdom (I had an exam related epiphany which told me that the ranks don't matter and that exams do not reflect our real capacity. And I stuck to this notion, for the most part). While I bid you goodbye, I can see my next German challenge in the horizon, an international exam in April that must be aced if I want to get into a good German university. That bridge draws closer and I'm going to cross the hell out of it.

To my internship at a newspaper, which will start soon: I am grateful for you, but please go easy on me, especially when it comes to running all over the city in this ever growing heat to cover events and stories. But I love you :)

And now, to the dumbshits playing drums cacophonously loudly outside my house (in light of India's good performance in the cricket match until now):  While I appreciate that you are using your lack of productivity and your drums, might I advise you to do so after the match has been won and not half way through. FYI, the national cricket team? They can't hear you in Bangalore where the match is being played. Which is in another city (in case your drumming and dancing kept you too busy to know this fact). Also, I can see you from my window and there are...let's see...precisely 5 other urchins with you, dancing and whistling and laughing like they just got hit on the head and lost their ability to think intelligently. So, not a very large number of crazed, whistling supporters, is it? Now, why don't you walk away slowly from the silly drum, stop dancing, and be very silent and think about all this? Especially in light of the article deadline that looms (and dances, much like yourselves) before my exasperated eyes?

Yours sincerely,
The Cyniqueen.

4 comments:

Meher said...

Congratulations on having done your german level and having got the internship.
The drum playing is genuinely very disturbing, and is quite a nuisance to the brain. I have to put up with it too.
Nice blog. =)

Cyniqueen said...

Thanks so much Meher! Appreciate the following :)

The Bohemian Memoir said...

You deserve nothing but the best. Love! x

Cyniqueen said...

My Carolina, thank you for those sweet words! And right back at you :)